TBWHTO #'s 1-10
So we've finally reached the Top Ten and to tell you the truth I think all these songs should speak for themselves and so I'm offering them all up along with wishes for a relaxing weekend. I'm sure we'll be back next week with some more fun end-of-the-year news, notes and musings.
Oh, one thing I will add regarding # 5, The original LCD Soundsystem was very good. This version is better because "I got the Mothership over at my house" so kicks ass over "a tour bus and van at my house. I mean it's the MOTHERSHIP!" Also, I can't offer up #4 because I bought it on the iTunes and really, haven't you by now? Sea shantys are the shit! My other car is a fucking whale.
10. "Call to Love" Crooked Fingers
"Love is a fine thing to take a chance on."
09. "Your Ex-Lover Is Dead" Stars
"God that was strange to see you again."
08. "Dilaudid" The Mountain Goats
"... so do it with your mouth open and take your foot off of the brake for Christ’s sake!"
07. "Paul Simon" Russian Futurists
"You're my first pint, on the worst nights."
06. "Iron Woman" Devin Davis
"Three whole weeks spent throwing matchsticks at the sun."
05. "P-Funk Is Playing at My House" DJ Riko feat. Gerald A & Katie Enlow
"More Cowbell!", "Bootsy's girlfriend is workin' the door."
04. "The Mariner's Revenge Song" The Decemberists
"I guess we have some time to kill."
03. "Walter Reed" Michael Penn
"There's nothing here worth saving"
02. "The Trapeze Swinger" Iron & Wine
"I heard from somone that you're still pretty."
01. "All the Wine" The National
"I'm so sorry but the motorcade will have to go around me this time"